I have always thought...

white birds
I have always thought that stars turn into white birds in the morning light
& sleep with their heads under their wings
until the dusk begins to walk through the streets.
- storypeople

Saturday 2 March 2013

Crested Pigeon


Crested pigeon keeping a very close eye on me at Stony Point, Westernport Bay, Mornington Peninsula.
I rarely see this bird, though it is supposed to be found throughout Australia.
In flight, its wings create a whistling sound.


Linking to:
NatureFootstep Winged
Wild Bird Wednesday
Bird D'Pot

16 comments:

Unknown said...

He's a beauty!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

TexWisGirl said...

adorable shot! :)

HansHB said...

Such a cute one!

NatureFootstep said...

a great pigeon. And it keep it´s red eyes on you. .)

eileeninmd said...

Great shot of this pretty pigeon!

Anni said...

I have never seen this species...what a prime composition!!!

TheChieftess said...

He's darling!!! Made me smile and laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've seen a crested pigeon before. Pretty.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Very neat...never heard of a Crested Pigeon before!

Stewart M said...

I remember the first time I ever saw one of these - I though "its so strange it must be rare" - wrong!

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Wally Jones said...

That looks like a pigeon you don't want to disturb!
Nice image!

i stora drag said...

Hi Gemma!
I think this one looks så sweet and fluffy! Great photo of it!
Greetings Pia

Anonymous said...

Pretty bird!

Unknown said...

Beautiful bird. The eye is a striking colour.

Anni said...

Oh my gosh...would you look at that?!!!! I've not seen a 'crested' pigeon before. That is amazing Gemma.

Anonymous said...

So cute! That is one very fluffy looking bird!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...